Green Party leader David Coon was in Moncton today to launch the Moncton-region campaign, joined by the all-female group of local candidates, interim leader of the Green Party of Canada Jo-Ann Roberts, and Fredericton Green MP Jenica Atwin.
“I am absolutely thrilled with the candidates we have attracted in the Moncton area,” said Coon. “We’ve invited women to step up for this election and have been overjoyed by the number of women of diverse backgrounds and walks of life who have joined us. Because of our values, the Green Party attracts a diverse group of candidates.”
The candidates for the Moncton area are:
- Mélyssa Boudreau (Dieppe)
- Carole Chan (Moncton Centre)
- Josephine Watson (Moncton South)
- Laura Sanderson (Moncton Northwest)
- Claire Kelly (Moncton Southwest)
- Rachel Pletz (Riverview)
- Jenny O’Neil (Albert)
- Phylomène Zangio (Moncton East) (Update: New candidate)
- Kimberly-Mai Therrien (Shediac Bay-Dieppe) (Update: This candidate missed the nomination deadline by one minute.)
“This group of women will be tireless advocates for their communities once they are elected to the Legislative Assembly,” said Coon. “I look forward to them joining me in Fredericton come September 15.”
Do you like this page?