The Green Party of New Brunswick is seeking an organized and driven Administrative Assistant to join our team.
We are a budding energetic political party with a dynamic fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who fits well with our grassroots culture and can work collaboratively with our local associations and volunteers across New Brunswick.
The Administrative Assistant reports to and is responsible for a variety of administrative duties in supporting the Executive Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
A- Support the Executive Director and Bookkeeper in producing accurate financial reports. Specific duties include;
- Provide administrative support to the Bookkeeper in maintaining and balancing various accounts; keep financial records; audit records for discrepancies and reconcile issues as appropriate.
- Ensure production of payroll, remittances, T4s and HST returns.
- Manage receivable and payable accounts.
Ensure efficient accounting processes to support volunteer engagement and coordination between the 49 districts and the Party; Process claims and manage local associations’ accounts.
B -Ensure management of the Party’s Head Office;
Manage information flow acting as the gatekeeper for internal and external communications, including vendors, contributors, members, volunteers and the general public.
- Manage the databases for supporters, members and contributors; relay information to the local associations using various IT tools.
- Support other office administration duties such as filing, banking, scheduling meetings, etc.
Update and maintain Head Office policies and procedures.
C- Support various reporting and registry requirements to Elections New Brunswick under the direction of the Official Representative and the Executive Director of the Party;
D- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping and/or office management or equivalent experience will be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAGE-Simply Accounting.
- Excellent skills with the Google and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Reliable, professional, flexible with exceptional attention to detail.
- Good organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Work With Us
We provide compensation commensurate with experience (within the range of $17 and $25 per hour) and we offer flexible hours of work (between 15 - 20 hours a week) and will accommodate the right person for the job. Candidates must be able to be physically present at the Head Office in Fredericton.
If interested in becoming part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Monday, August 9th, 2021.