08 JULY 2016
Fredericton – David Coon, Leader of the Green Party of New Brunswick and MLA for Fredericton South, is disappointed that his four bills and motion look like they will die on the order paper with the house adjourning this week.
“The sporadic house schedule introduced by the government this session has meant that I didn’t even get halfway through my legislative agenda,” said Coon. “Two of my bills never even got to second reading.”
The status of Coon’s legislative agenda is as follows:
- Bill 5: The Green Jobs Act – completed 2nd reading and stands referred to the Law Amendments Committee. The committee could be called over the summer months and the bill brought forward before the house prorogues in the fall
- Bill 10: An Act to Amend the Education Act - completed 2nd reading with unanimous support of the House and stands referred to the committee of the whole where it awaits government support to move it forward.
- Bill 13: An Act to Amend the Procurement Act – completed 1st reading
- Bill 14: Public Participation Act – completed 1st reading
- Motion 15: Creating a Job Description for MLAs – yet to receive consideration
“New Brunswickers want us to work together to pursue solutions. They don’t care which party proposes a bill, amendments to a bill, or a new policy,” said Coon. “The government shouldn’t care either.”
Do you like this page?