Dear Green Party of NB members of the Carleton 45 RDA and supporters:
This is a Notice of Carleton 45 Green Party Annual General Meeting. It will be held Saturday, Nov. 21st at St. Gertrude's Parish Hall, 117 Union Street, Woodstock at 3:00 pm.
COVID-19 protocols will be followed closely and everyone must wear their pandemic mask. I need to know who is planning to attend the AGM so please reply to confirm by Nov. 18 at [email protected]
Agenda items include: Reports; discussion and vote on a motion for the Green Party of NB to ban the use of #5 Polypropyline election signs that are not recyclable in New Brunswick and to seek an alternative that is recyclable; election of officers — we need a new President, Official Representative and Secretary.
We are proud to have had a stable, active RDA in Carleton for the past six years and we want to continue to strengthen our base to prepare for the next election. With the Higgs government holding only a two seat majority, it is possible that the next provincial election, or a by-election, may occur well before the 4-year election cycle expires.
These are some of the things that our RDA can do to prepare for the next provincial election:
• Develop and maintain an online information site where people can learn more about our RDA and the Green Party;
• Fundraising activities to support our RDA and prepare for the next election campaign;
• Make annual donations with tax-receipts — 80% going to our RDA and 20% going to the Green Party of NB;
• Participate in policy development;
• Work with members in other RDAs to build a stronger province-wide network sharing ideas, events, activities, etc.
Our party is only as strong as the RDAs! This is why we must remain active, optimistic and continue to be involved despite the pandemic and a less active political time. After all, the Green Party is the best party for the future of our children and their children by far!
Looking forward to your participation,
Retiring President Carleton 45 RDA
Do you like this page?